Brief Introduction of John Johnson Thayne

The information that I am going to share on this blog is the result of my research for my History 317 class at BYU. I choose to discover more about this particular family because they are the ones who settled in the town of Wellington, Utah which is were my family still lives today. John Johnson Thayne is my direct line ancestor and the first of my Thayne ancestors to immigrate to America.

History of John Johnson Thayn
As told By His son
Ebenezer Hunt Thayn


 John Johnson Thayn was born in Glasgow, Scotland, November 11, 1825. When he was about two years old he came to Canada with his family. Soon after they arrived his father died. His mother was unable to support all of the children, so the oldest boy, Ebenezer, was let out to work for his board. There were only two boys but there were four girls. Following are the names of the children: Ellen, Jane, Ebenezer, Janet, John Johnson and Fanny.

4 comments:

I really like the color scheme of your page, and your Thayn insert. How did you get Thayn's history? Do you know the names of his parents?

 

Wow, I can't imagine living somewhere else to support myself. Interesting story!

 

John Johnson Thayne is my great-great grandfather. His parent's names are Ebenezer Thayne Sr. and Janet Gevitt Lochhead and they were both born in Scotland. I am descended from John and his first wife, Sidney Boyer. If you'd like any more info. about them, let me know because I have tons!

 

Please contact me Louise Moon Thiebaud 316-259-7040. I ama direcat descendant of John Johnson Thayne.

 

Post a Comment